Wednesday, June 28, 2006

global warning

Was shaken awake by lightning and thunder last night. I sleep with my window open so found myself drenched and cooler by a few degrees. Then I went out to the balcony and sat there watching the biggest freaking thunderstorm I've ever seen. Saw lightning hit an antenna 3-4 buildings away.....even felt a draft of warm air immediately afterwards. As I watched I started wondering (I usually start wondering about the really big issues after indulging in loud drinking sessions, as was the case last night), there's mother nature, pissed as hell with our incessant pillaging of her resources, telling me, "you're screwed, dude." I'm tellin ya, watching a thunderstorm is a humbling experience.

Now I have immense respect for nature and go to lengths to ensure I don't add to or remove from the environment wherever I am. I do occasionally release a small amount of methane (I think it's methane) into the atmosphere, but other than that I'm fairly eco-friendly. Hell, David Attenborough is one of my favourite people! So the point I'm trying to make is, why are people here so casual when it comes to not fucking their surroundings up? I mean, do the people that dump garbage outside their house really think it's less disgusting to have it sitting right outside their entrance than it is inside their house?? And then there's the freakball neighbour who'll go a step further and burn his garbage + lawn mowings outside MY house. That's right, pollute the air, asphyxiate the neighbours, and then allow the burnt crap to spead all over the place!

Clogged sewers, dirty streets, destroyed foliage......you cannot file those under "Progress" my friend. They go in the "S" section, in the file marked "Suicide"......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bisal Babu

Kanjibhai's (Gujarati Bhai) Ten Commandments Of Marriage


Kanjibhai's Commandment 1


Marriages are made in heaven;


But so are thunder and lightning.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 2


If you want your wife to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say;


Talk in your sleep.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 3


Marriage is grand;


? and divorce is at least 100 grand!


Kanjibhai's Commandment 4


Married life is very frustrating. In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year,


the woman speaks and the man listens;


In the third year, they both speak and the
neighbours listen.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 5


When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing;


Either the car is new or the wife is.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 6


Marriage is when a man and woman become as one;


The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 7


Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you say;


After marriage, he will fall asleep before you finish.

Kanjibhai's Commandment 8


Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and a good cook;


But the law allows only one wife.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 9


Marriage and love are purely
matter of chemistry;


That is why wives treat husbands like toxic waste.


Kanjibhai's Commandment 10


A man is incomplete until he is married;


After that, he is finished!!!



This is the story of all married folks!