Friday, June 23, 2006

bored games

I'm scouting for ideas today.

Do you have or know of any kids' craft activities that you'd like to see in stores in India? Anything; stuff that you presently make by hand or even those handicraft-ish wooden items that could use a makeover. Even board games that you think might do really well. Send me your thoughts. I'm doing big time product range upgradation at work........by the way, you know what I do right?

In an unrelated incident, I'm sure you must have heard of the great Bappi da (for the unfortunate few who don't know who he is, go here) composing a song for the Football World Cup (ah....Bongs, music and football.....one of the great troikas!). I got to thinking about how much this one guy has influenced the music scene. He started the disco wave in India 20 years ago, and some of us will never admit it, but we loved it at the time (I still love it, but in a different way now...hehe). Then a couple of years ago he sued Dr. Dre for spinning one of his old numbers into a huge hit. Think about it, not only does he have black people swaying to his music, he's influenced the way they dress as well......


Exhibit A: Bappi vs. Nelly











Notice the chains, the rings, the athletic clothing. It's all there dawg! (That's not a quadruple chin on Bappi's face my friend....those are his muscular vocal chords developed over 26 years of singing "I em ay dis-sco daencer." Nelly-boy still has some singing to do before he can reach the stellar heights that Bappi has scaled.
Bappi da, I salute you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it