Friday, June 30, 2006

global warning 2

Apparently mother nature didn't think my last post on mankind's habits was worded strongly enough. My warehouse got flooded today with the first big downpour of the season. Ankle-deep water. Thankfully I have a good team there so no real harm done. I get the point.

The roof first started leaking the first time it rained, like three weeks back. I told my landlord about it and he got some people to fix the overhead drainage. Now the fuckers didn't do a proper job and now my warehouse is a freaking mess. Nobody takes their work seriously here.

I often rant about how our government has some totally screwed-up policies. No different at the municipal level. I saw the sanitation guys trying to clean this man-made lake in the middle of the city, ONE WEEK before the monsoon rains arrived. What the fuck were you doing all year??? Is public memory so short that they don't remember the apocalyptic rains that hammered us and bitch-slapped the city to a standstill????? Man you guys are asking for it!

And then there are the dudes that dig up our roads all the time. They don't start working till 9.30 am, when the entire city is on the roads trying to get to wherever it is they're trying to get to. And then they'll take 20 breaks in between where they stick a fucking twig into the debris to "warn" people that there's a goddamn 10-foot deep crater in the middle of the road. I mean, is our governments' sole aim to frustrate its citizenry to the point where they turn into rude, inconsiderate, crap-mouthed lunatics??? Why can't the road diggers do their digging at night??? There's no traffic, it's more peaceful, people aren't swearing at them, and it's safer because they don't have to worry about some scooting family with 17 kids sandwiched between them driving into the hole they're working in.

But no, they won't do it. Because that's the work ethic we've built our lives around. I see this selfish "I don't care about you cuz I'm the fucking king of my world" attitude and it makes my blood boil. I have serious road rage and will try to run down anyone who tries to cut in front of me as if he owns the road. One of these days I'm going to get the fucker. That's if I don't die of cardiac arrest first.

Yeah, so I guess it'll take one of those monster floods to clean this world of it's scum. The world is truly round.

No comments: