Wednesday, June 07, 2006

aromatherapy

I've just discovered the joy of brewing your own coffee. I hijacked my dad's Rowenta coffee maker, which is kinda like the Volvo of coffee-makers.....apparently lasts through generations) and got Aditi to bring back hazelnut coffee from her trip to the US. There's something about that fresh hazelnut aroma that does it for me. My sense of smell is more important to me than any of the other senses. Every smell triggers a memory, good or bad. Fresh bread, post-rain fragrances, Irish Spring soap (if you haven't tried it, I suggest you ask someone living in the US to bring you a bar......you'll never touch another brand again), tequila (makes me retch, thanks to a couple of crazy binges resulting in temporary blindness).......new car smell, freshly ground spices......endless.

The day I go over the 100 thousand $ mark I'm going to buy myself the 7-series of espresso machines. Check out this bad boy.......





I'll putt-putt along on my Rowenta till then. Fellow coffee connoisseurs welcome.

No comments: