Sunday, September 24, 2006

Khosla ka Kheema

Saw "Khosla ka Ghosla" last night....heheh.....funny title...hehahahahh...

Someone finally went and made one of those "everyday life" social comedies. I'm talking about the "Katha" types where your average guy is thrown to the wolves played by the govt. officials, the cops and the land mafia. Oh man I laughed my chaddees off! I love the way Dilliwalas talk.....that alone made it worth watching. There's no slapstick, no over-the-top crap going on. Just plain old dry humour.....the kind that happens without anyone saying or doing much. Smart movie.

On to the kheema.....

I had the most amazing kheema ever a couple of weeks back, and got the recipe from the person that made it. However, mine turned out a little sweet. I'm thinking it was because I didn't sautee the onions enough. Anyway, so I learnt the hard way that kheema is the easiest meat dish to prepare, but the hardest to get just right. Then my sister enlightened me to the fact that you can make kheema in a bunch of different ways.

So guys, if you have a kheema recipe or any meat recipe for that matter, type it up and post it in the comments section. I've re-discovered the joys of the kitchen. Wish we had Food TV in India.......Bobby Flay, Jamie Oliver, Emeril......geniuses! Sanjeev Kapoor is a jackass.

No comments: